A life of public service
Sergio Arellano was born and raised in Tucson, AZ. He joined the Army at the age of 17 and served his country honorably as an Infantryman and Human Resources Specialist for a total of 10 and a half years before retiring from the military due to combat sustained injuries. Upon leaving the Army, Sergio immediately started volunteering to help veterans in his local community and throughout the state. Serving the veterans and military families:
- Sergio has worked in Human Resources for the Department of Veteran Affairs and then became the Arizona State Director for a Department of Defense program called the Army Wounded Warrior Program (AW2). At AW2 Sergio developed relationships on a national and international level to support severely injured soldiers and their families.
- In 2011 Sergio returned from the private sector in order to serve the community and the State of Arizona by helping homeless veterans get off the streets. After seeing the injustices on behalf of banking organizations to veterans and families, he went to work for the Attorney General of Arizona as the Outreach Director for the National Mortgage Settlement Program. Under that program Sergio helped hundreds of families stay in their homes and traveled to every rural city and all 15 counties in Arizona providing housing services to people in need.
Serving the public:
- Currently, Sergio holds the position of President and CEO at Tipping Point LLC, a political consulting firm renowned for its focus on nationwide canvassing, phone banking, marketing, grassroots mobilization for diverse candidates, ballot initiatives, and voter registration drives. He also serves as the President and CEO of Fresh Credit Financial, a company specializing in automobile loans, and as a Co-Owner of Majestik Enterprises, a business dedicated to the trade of jewelry.
- Before establishing his own ventures, Sergio played a pivotal role as Co-Owner of The Community Organizer. This organization successfully managed and executed operations for three victory offices in Southern Arizona during the 2016 presidential election. Notably, these efforts resulted in an impressive accomplishment of over half a million phone calls and more than 65 thousand doors knocked in support of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.
Furthermore, Sergio has contributed as an elected school board member for Continental School District #39, where his own children are enrolled.
- Previously, Sergio held significant roles including the position of State Director for the Republican National Committee, focusing on Hispanic Outreach in Arizona. He also assumed the role of Strategic Initiatives Director for the Arizona Republican Party. In addition, he functioned as a spokesperson for Spanish and International media, representing the Republican National Committee, the Arizona GOP, and the 2016 & 2020 Trump campaigns. Notably, Sergio was selected as Arizona’s representative to the National Latino Advisory Board for President Donald Trump, joining 23 other accomplished Latinos from across the country.”
- Sergio’s impactful contributions extend to his service on various boards and commissions, encompassing roles such as the Arizona Liquor Commission, the Pima County Transportation Advisory Committee, the Pima County Sales Tax Advisory Committee, and his position as Commissioner for the Town of Sahuarita’s Parks and Recreation Commission. Demonstrating his commitment to civic engagement, he has held the esteemed role of past Chairman of the Legislative District 2 Republicans and also served as the 1st Vice Chair of Pima County Republicans.
- Sergio’s dedication and accomplishments have earned him a collection of notable awards, including the distinguished Chairman of the Year recognition from the AZGOP. His commitment to excellence has also garnered him the esteemed Barry Goldwater Award for Excellence, a significant accolade within the AZGOP. Moreover, he has been honored as a Certified Peer Mentor for the Wounded Warrior Project, showcasing his dedication to supporting and assisting veterans. As a testament to his philanthropic spirit, Sergio is a long-standing contributor to the local Nogales, AZ radio station 99.1 La Maxima, showcasing his commitment to his community.
- His active engagement and affiliations encompass a range of esteemed organizations, including the Arizona School Board Association, the Arizona Latino Republican Association, the American Legion, the National Independent Automobile Dealers Association, the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and the Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
Notably, Sergio assumes the role of a founding member within a Latino Business Owners group known as the Arizona International Consortium. He also holds a position as a founding member of the Santa Cruz County Elections Integrity Committee, reflecting his commitment to fair and transparent electoral processes. Additionally, Sergio is a founding member of the groundbreaking AZGOP Latino Coalition, demonstrating his dedication to fostering Latino representation within the Arizona Republican Party.
- Sergio’s military service is punctuated with accolades that underscore his valor and commitment to duty. From the Army Combat Infantryman Badge to the Army Commendation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Army Good Conduct Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, and Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, his military journey is a mosaic of honor and sacrifice.
With a commitment that extends from the halls of political influence to the heart of military service, Sergio’s journey is a beacon of inspiration. His story exemplifies the fusion of leadership, innovation, and unswerving dedication. As he continues to make his mark across diverse landscapes, Sergio’s journey resonates as a testament to the power of purpose-driven action.”